Friday, November 19, 2010

Public announcement

Let it be known that yesterday, Thursday 18 November, on the MV Oriana - Christine, my teetotal (almost) wife of approx 25 years - for the first time ever, spent more money on alcohol during the day than I did. I am posting this fact here because I believe that it needs to be recorded for posterity.

Perhaps I am making just a bit too much of this - because she did only have two Pimms No.1 - but they cost more than my two pints of Bitter.  Actually, it was a good investment - because I never realised how just two Pimms could make her so happy! Our "Name that tune" fun happy hour experience has ended - so a few of us now have to invent some other amusement. We have at this time decided to have happy hour each day at a different venue -yesterday was at the Terrace Bar at the stern - tomorrow we are planning a raid on "Andersons". Anybody who knows Andersons will understand that a bunch of boisterous Australians may not be particularly welcome in there, it's atmosphere always looks a bit "Funerial"!.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! Good to see you looking sooo happy, Christine - Pimms makes me smile too. :)
    Cyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barry, the pints look good, what brands of pom beer does Oriana carry. Keep up the good work and enjoy. Les, (NSWP on CC) Batemans Bay

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day Barry,

    Great to see you both enjoying your voyage. Keep up the great entries

    Regards

    Dennis [Rasa Sayang on OzCC]

    ReplyDelete