Tuesday, November 30, 2010

GROUNDED- and confined to cabin!

I have been struggling with a gastro-intestinal problem since Singapore
- not too serious, but after 5 days, it seemed to be getting worse and
not better. So, I finally had to submit myself to the Doctor. Yes - you
guessed it -- confined to my cabin for a time yet to be determined. We
will be in Mumbai tomorrow - so may have to miss it. Christine is not
all that keen on going ashore there anyway and if we miss it I won't be
heartbroken. We have been warned that it will be very "challenging" for
us and will be a great cultural shock. I already knew that - but in
spite of it have booked shore tours. We will have to wait and see what
happens. In the meantime, I can't even post these blog posts.

I am not sure where I caught the bug - possibly on Ko Samui. I broke my
own "Golden Rule" of making sure I wash my hands BEFORE I eat anything.
However, whether that was the cause or not, we will never know.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barry, all I can say is get well soon ! You will be sampling room service for a while then.

    Cheers, Les (NSWP on CC) Batemns Bay.

    A tip for you, don't eat ashore, you never know what you might get, our golden rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barry,
    Hope you are feeling better.
    I am enjoying reading your well written blog.
    A number of the regular Aussie CC contributors have joined Diamond Princess in Singapore for its cruise to Sydney and onwards to NZ.
    Marion (MMDown Under)

    ReplyDelete