Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The practicalities of this Blog

I am told that the Internet service on board these cruise ships is usually very slow - and expensive (like around 50c per minute). So how I go about posting updates as we cruise along needed to be thought about.

I have discovered that I am able to send an email to the Blog - with what I want to report plus 2 or 3 photos attached and it automatically updates the Blog. I can also get it to automatically send a copy of the latest update to up to 10 email addresses of friends/family. Now, THAT is very effective. I have tested it out and it seems to work well. I am going to carry my laptop onto the ship when we board - it is wireless compatible so I should be able to log into the Ship's wireless Internet. We can take as much luggage as we like on this trip - no weight restrictions at all. EXCEPT, when we get to the UK, we then have to lug everything to London. Usually we get the Underground from Heathrow into London. This time we will probably get the train to Waterloo and get a black taxi from there. We have never been in a London taxi before .

1 comment:

  1. Love the recent posts on your blog.. we take our laptop with us, and sometimes we take it ashore to a nearby cafe with free wi-fi if you buy a coffee, and that's often is a lot quicker. McDonalds are good for this, and sometimes you can even sit outside and can get on without buying anything.

    ReplyDelete